The Insurance Charities is the only charity supporting current and former insurance employees and their families across the UK and Ireland.
How do we help?
The charity transforms insurance people’s lives for the better by providing a lifeline to support them with whatever difficulties they may be facing such as redundancy, poor health, domestic abuse, and tragedy.
We can help people throughout their career and beyond with one off and ongoing financial and/or practical support for as long as it’s needed. In 2022/2023 we gave out over £1.3 million to those experiencing financial hardship to help pay for things such as household appliances, school uniform, funeral costs, rehabilitation, and property adaptations. We also work with other organisations such as Aware in Ireland, Shelter UK, and Alzheimer’s Society to provide practical support where needed. Through these fantastic charities we can help those experiencing mild depression and anxiety, assist those with housing concerns, and those affected by dementia.
Did you know?
• It doesn’t matter what role you’ve had working in the sector
• Your application will be treated in the strictest of confidence
• You don’t need to be a member of a professional body or association to access support
• Both working and non-working people can apply
• The charity also supports dependants of insurance employees (past and present) such as children and partners.
We are keen to talk to employers across the industry about how we could support their colleagues so encourage people to get in touch to find out more.