Contractors Combined at Thistle Underwriting Leeds
Thistle Underwriting, part of Q Underwriting, have adapted well to a more challenging method of working in recent months and ensured we continue to provide direct access to empowered underwriters, top quality service and A rated capacity. Daniel Storr, Underwriting Manager for Construction at Thistle Underwriting Leeds, talks about a new product which has proven popular with construction clients over the last 6 months.
In January 2020 we introduced a new product, Contractors Combined. Building on the strong foundations of Thistle Underwriting’s previous product range, this policy is targeted at Contractors and Contracting trades and has many features which are of great benefit to the industry.
- Flexible core sections – PL or Contractors All Risks are the minimum requirements. After that, you can select the sections you want.
- A wide range of acceptable trades are available, from one person businesses engaged in high risk trades to more conventional contractors with a large turnover. From abseiling to welders, builders to window fitters.
- We offer a wide appetite, including work at hazardous locations and hazardous activities.
- Additional sections include EL, Property, BI, Money, Transit, D&O, Terrorism.
- We now offer Legal Expenses; a further optional extension including a valuable additional section for construction contract disputes.
- 6.5.1 – optional section of cover helping you help your clients, by aligning 6.5.1 with the core PL cover.
- We can grant high limits for PL (including efficacy, heat, hazardous locations, hazardous activities), Contract Works and Plant.
- A standard declaration basis. With some uncertainty over future trading patterns, a standard declaration basis may be a better option for your clients.
Our expert underwriters can help you adapt our core policy. Examples include unrestricted height and depth limits. If you have a risk which is slightly more unusual, give us a call; we relish the opportunity to quote for challenging risks.
For more information or to speak to an underwriter to see what the Thistle Underwriting Leeds office can do for you CLICK HERE, leave a message and youTalk-insurance will pass your enquiry on.
Authored by Q Underwriting
Specialist MGA providing quality products for niche commercial markets
Q Underwriting is a specialist underwriter, providing over 25 niche commercial lines products – all backed by A rated insurers. Our specialisms include construction, tradesmen and liability; charities, faith and recruitment; public and private hire, fleet and motor trade; and non-standard property. All our products are underwritten in-house by our experienced team.
Q Underwriting is a robust and reliable partner for brokers and insurers; we’re backed by The Carlyle Group, one of the world’s largest private equity firms. We write £95m of premium under delegated underwriting authority from several A rated insurers and our team of over 135 people support a nationwide network of brokers.
We are focused on providing excellent service and supporting brokers’ growth. In trading terms, we offer the best of both worlds: brokers have direct access to our experienced underwriters as well as a quick and easy to use broker portal – Qtrade – which houses all the products available from Q Underwriting in one place.
aQmen Underwriting, Cobra Underwriting Agencies, Online Risk Solutions, Q Property, TFP Schemes, Thistle Underwriting are part of Q Underwriting.
- 28 Jan 2021
- 26 Oct 2020
- 7 Oct 2020
- 7 Sep 2020
- 8 Jul 2020
- 4 Jun 2020
- 28 May 2020
- 21 May 2020
- 18 May 2020
- 13 May 2020