These terms and conditions (terms) set out the terms on which you submit articles to us via the dedicated email address on our website www.youtalk-insurance.com (our site) for our consideration and possible publication on our site. These terms apply to you on each and every occasion on which you submit articles to us in this way.
www.youtalk-insurance.com is a site operated by You Talk Insurance Ltd (we or us). We are a limited company registered in England and Wales under company number 07528573 and we have our registered office and main trading address at 98 Westbury Lane, Buckhurst Hill, Essex IG9 5PW. Our VAT number is 107 1644 40
Basis of submission of article
Each time you submit an article to us via the dedicated email address on our site, you confirm and agree as follows:
- submission of the article by you constitutes your request for us to consider (at our sole discretion) whether the article meets our requirements and is eligible for publication on our site;
- our decision as to whether an article is eligible for publication on our site is made at our sole discretion, and we may accept or decline an article for posting without giving any reason for our decision. We will not enter into further correspondence regarding any decision we make about an article;
- if we accept your article for posting on our site, you grant us the licence referred to below in relation to it;
- the article complies with our submission guidelines set out below, which we may amend at our sole discretion from time to time and without notice; and
- you warrant to us that any article you submit to us complies with the content standards set out in our acceptable use policy, and you will be liable to us and indemnify us for any breach of that warranty.
Any article we accept for posting on our site will be considered non-confidential and non-proprietary. Whilst you will retain all of your ownership rights in your article, by submitting the article to us you grant the following licences in connection with that article:
- a perpetual, irrevocable, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to us to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform that content in connection with the service provided by our site (including without limitation for use by us to promote our site or the service) and otherwise, and in all and any media, and the right to sub-licence the foregoing rights on such terms as we shall in our sole discretion determine; and
- a perpetual, worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable licence to other users of our site and our advertisers, business associates and affiliates to view that content in connection with the service provided by our site.
Any article you submit to us for our consideration must be a news article which falls within one or more of the following categories:
recent business developments within the UK insurance broking industry such as news of expansions, acquisitions, mergers, alliances, new offices and / or operations, large account wins and other significant business developments;
- new senior hires, promotions and retirements of insurance brokers, and / or general insurance and risk professionals;
- the launch of new research, reports and industry insight;
- new awards, accolades or industry recognition of achievement;
- information about significant activity in the field of corporate social responsibility.
In each case, the news article must cover only recent or new developments, and must be of general interest or significance to insurance brokers, general insurance and risk professionals.
We reserve the right at our sole discretion to refuse to consider any article that does not satisfy any of these criteria. For the avoidance of doubt, this does not mean that we will publish any article that does satisfy these criteria; we reserve the right in our sole discretion to determine whether or not to publish any article
After you have submitted an article to us
Once you have emailed your submission to us, you will receive an email from us acknowledging receipt. This does not mean that your article has been accepted for publication on our site.
If we accept an article for posting, we will determine at our sole discretion the format in which it will be posted, and all editorial and placement issues such as its prominence on our site, and how long it remains posted for. We also reserve the right to edit, re-word or redact your article as we see fit.
We reserve the right to remove an article from our site at any time and for any reason without any liability to you.
Changes to these terms
We may revise these terms at any time by amending this page. You are expected to check this page from time to time to take notice of any changes we make, as they are legally binding on you.