Cyber Risk Practice Leader awarded for ‘outstanding contributions’ by Advisen
Lockton’s Cyber Risk Practice Leader, Ben Beeson, was named 2016 Cyber Champion of the Year at Advisen’s 2016 Cyber Risk Awards Ceremony in New York City. Lockton is the world’s largest privately held, independent insurance broker.
“Advisen’s Cyber Risk Awards have become the most prestigious honors in the cyber community,” said Rebecca Bole, editor-in-chief at Advisen. “Ben is every bit of a ‘Cyber Champion’ as he is a true statesman and has supported the industry globally. He has been willing to break down competitive and parochial boundaries, and has truly been an outstanding contributor to the cyber risk sector.”
“I am incredibly humbled to receive this honor, and most importantly it’s a testament to the great work that Lockton and our teams are doing to help our clients navigate the rapidly growing cyber risk area,” said Ben Beeson, Lockton’s Cyber Risk Practice Leader. “Cyber risk should be a vital concern to every business around the world and it’s great to see Advisen raising the awareness of this important and growing issue for organizations.”
Beeson was chosen by Advisen’s editorial board for his outstanding contributions in the cyber risk sector. During the past year and a half, in addition to being a regular contributor to industry publications, Beeson has:
- Presented to the US Congress on cyber insurance
- Authored the “Investment in Cyber Insurance” chapter in New York Stock Exchanges’ book “Navigating the Digital Age: The Definitive Cybersecurity Guide for Directors and Officers”
- Appeared on major outlets such as CNN, FOX News, and Bloomberg
- Joined the Advisory Committee of American University’s new Cybersecurity Governance Center
- Appointed as Lockton’s Cyber Risk Practice Leader, leading the company’s team of cyber insurance professionals to guide companies through an increasingly challenging cyber risk environment
In its third year, the Cyber Risk Award winners were chosen by cyber risk experts in the insurance industry. The Cyber Champion is awarded to an insurance professional working in the cyber risk arena who promotes the industry before they promote their company or themselves, assists Advisen with shaping agendas and providing speakers for conferences, and serves as a valued resource for fellow industry cyber professionals.