Zurich is a leading multi-line insurance provider with a global network that spans more than 170 countries. Working closely with customers and brokers alike, Zurich is proud to offer a spectrum of life insurance and services and general insurance to personal lines, SME, mid-market and global corporate customers. When it comes to brokers, Zurich is not only focused on offering the best products but practical expertise, tools and knowledge that they can pass on to their clients too. Our key online resource and newsletter Insider allows UK brokers to enjoy free access to the latest expertise, thoughts and opinions on the insurance industry.
Simply register online to start getting the latest industry insights from Zurich’s Insider newsletter and information hub> www.insider.zurich.co.uk
For more information on Zurich’s products and services please visit www.zurich.co.uk/broker
Zurich rated one of the best brands for customer service
- Zurich leaps 176 places from 188th to 12th in national, cross-sector measure of customer satisfaction
- The provider was also ranked top in the insurance industry for being the most ethical brand and the one consumers have the strongest emotional connection to
- Zurich’s performance was recognised by the Institute of Customer Service at the UK Customer Satisfaction Awards last night
Leading UK insurance company, Zurich has been independently recognised as one of the best brands in the UK for customer satisfaction.
The provider soared from 188th to 12th in the latest UK Customer Satisfaction Index – achieving the biggest annual rise in customer satisfaction of any UK company.
Published by the Institute of Customer Service, the UKCSI rates customer satisfaction across 13 sectors, incorporating the views of 10,000 consumers on 247 brands.
The provider was also ranked 1st in the insurance sector for ethical business behaviours and connecting with consumers, and 5th and 7th respectively across all companies.
Zurich’s performance was recognised by the Institute of Customer Service at the UK Customer Satisfaction Awards held last night.
Its score of 83.2, which saw it gain eight points from 2018, places it above the 77.7 national average. This comes at a time when the overall index continued to decline.
The index takes into account more than 25 different customer measures, including staff professionalism, the quality and efficiency of the service, trust and transparency, the actual customer experience, complaint handling and ethics.
According to the UKCSI, Zurich improved across a range of areas including product, service quality, price, billing and ease of dealing with the organisation. It was also boosted by high scores for its ethical standards and emotional connection with consumers.
Tulsi Naidu, Zurich UK’s Chief Executive, said, “We are delighted with our improvement in this year’s survey which tells us that the work we have done over the last few years is having a real impact on how customers perceive us. We want to be known as the quality option for customers and our ongoing transformation is about creating a simpler, more innovative business that is highly customer focused.
“It is particularly gratifying to be ranked as the number one insurer for ethical standards and connecting with consumers. Whether it’s investing in our charity partnerships, our employees using paid volunteer days to share their skills in challenged schools and communities or our approach to the customer and paying claims, corporate responsibility is a fundamental part of Zurich’s culture. It’s a key driver for why people want to work for us and it clearly matters to our customers too.”
She added, “At a time when the overall index has continued to show a decline in customer satisfaction, it’s good to see us bucking the trend. We are very clear that we have more to do and this feedback from the survey only makes us more determined to continue on the journey we are on.”
What’s behind Zurich’s improvement in UK customer service rankings?
Zurich climbed 176 places in the latest UK Customer Satisfaction Index published by the Institute of Customer Service. The index found Zurich improved across a range of measures including product, service quality, price, billing and ease of dealing with the organisation. It also scored highly for ethical standards and emotional connection with consumers.
Here’s a selection of just five initiatives that have contributed to Zurich’s rise up the rankings.
1. Zurich has revamped its complaints handling process and developed a systematic approach to using Net Promoter Scores (NPS) to improve service, including Close the Loop calls, where senior leaders ring customers to discuss positive and negative feedback they have given.
2. The insurer undertook a number of initiatives to improve customer service including improving communications, using technology to improve routine servicing and claims handling and improving complaints handling procedures.
3. The insurer rolled out vulnerable customer training to more than 1,000 frontline staff, set up a Vulnerable Customer and Dementia Friends Champions and became the first UK insurer to launch SignLive, a service enabling customers with impaired hearing to contact the company using a video interpreter.
4. Through the Zurich Community Trust and Zurich employee fundraising, more than £1.5m was donated to UK and overseas charities in 2018 with staff giving 4,100 days of volunteering. Through its Youth Skills Programme, Zurich and its employees also supported 1,900 school pupils in the UK on improving financial and risk literacy and with skills and careers advice.
5. Zurich paid out 99% of all UK claims during 2017 with payments worth over £1.7 billion – and invested in a major brand campaign to highlight its claims record and commitment to doing the right thing
If you like the content you see on youTalk-insurance why not take 20 seconds to subscribe to our free newsletter
- 18 Jul 2019
- 18 Jul 2019
- 15 Jul 2019
- 11 Jul 2019
- 8 Jul 2019
- 4 Jul 2019
- 4 Jul 2019
- 27 Jun 2019
- 25 Jun 2019
- 17 Jun 2019