MGAA publishes latest compliance newsletter
Latest newsletter from the Managing General Agents Association includes the following articles:
- Implementation date for SM&CR announced
- FCA consults on setting up a new public directory
- Minimum PI insurance limits under IDD increased
- FCA workshops on SM&CR and IDD implementation
- PRA expresses concerns over sustainability of insurers' business models
- FCA seeking to improve access to travel insurance for consumers with medical conditions
- FCA publishes Discussion Paper on a new duty of care
- Broker fined £70,000 by ICO
- FCA proposes to ban point-of-sale extended warranties
- FOS annual review 2017-18
- FCA publishes its annual Data Bulletin
- FCA regulation of claims management companies
- FCA publishes research paper on price discrimination
- Law Commissions consult on insurable interest
- Digital regulatory reporting
- Discussion Paper published on firms' operational resilience
To download the MGAA newsletter, Click the link below
The Managing General Agents' Association is a not-for-profit trade association representing true MGAs. Our aim is to represent and support the UK MGA market. We work within the professional framework of the Chartered Insurance Institute and our members sign the MGAA Code of ethics.
Managing General Agents (MGAs) are an important, established and fast-growing sector of the UK insurance industry.
Over 300 MGAs currently underwrite over 10% of the UK’s £47 billion general insurance market premiums.
MGAs deserve specific representation to lobby on their behalf, communicate their considerable benefits and drive best practice.
The Managing General Agents’ Association (MGAA) was formed in 2011 to fulfil this role.
The total number of full MGA members now stands at 101, which collectively represent over £3.5bn of underwriting capacity.
- 2 Apr 2020
- 24 Feb 2020
- 20 Feb 2020
- 31 Oct 2019
- 19 Aug 2019
- 2 May 2019
- 18 Mar 2019
- 21 Feb 2019
- 7 Jan 2019
- 15 Oct 2018