Working at home – one year on
Authored by Home & Legacy
This week, we’ve been taking a moment to reflect on the last year in lockdown. Who could have imagined the wider tragedy that sadly affected so many people throughout the pandemic, and the changes to the way we all live our lives.
When we closed our London and Milton Keynes offices more than a year ago, no-one could have predicted that the majority of our staff would still be working at home, 12 months on.
Across the insurance industry, we’ve all seen so many changes in our business practices – from more online services being accessed, right through to remote loss adjuster visits via video call.
It has been thanks to the hard work, commitment and flexibility of everyone in Home & Legacy, and at our brokers and partners, that we’ve continued to provide the exceptional service our policyholders expect from us.
To celebrate our colleagues, we wanted to share some of the customer feedback they have received over the last year, during the pandemic:
- “In the exceptional circumstances of COVID-19 protection, it was difficult to progress the repairs at times but Home & Legacy still managed to achieve an excellent outcome. This experience has been as painless as possible. Thanks to Home & Legacy.” Policyholder (Q1, 2021)
- “You have been wonderful and made a painful experience bearable.” Policyholder (Q1, 2021)
- “It was a pleasure, especially, during these times when most insurers are ‘difficult’ to liaise with, to have a dedicated professional there to give advice and settle a claim so quickly.” Broker (Q1, 2021)
- “Having been involved in the insurance industry for 50 years, I can only praise Home & Legacy service, both renewal and recent claim.” Policyholder (Q4, 2020)
- “They showed great patience and gave a very fair pay out.” Policyholder (Q4, 2020)
- “Service was better than first class.” Policyholder (Q4, 2020)
- “I think the service, considering where we are in the pandemic, has been of a high standard.” Policyholder (Q4, 2020)
- “My claim was dealt with promptly and efficiently, despite the pandemic.” Policyholder (Q4, 2020)
- “Always prompt and professional.” Policyholder (Q4, 2020)
- “The service I've received has surpassed every expectation. Thanks once again for such a prompt, no quibble experience in what is already a trying time.” Policyholder (Q2, 2020)
- “I would just like to express in these uncertain times my gratitude at the professionalism and swiftness of the way you dealt with my claim.” Policyholder (Q2, 2020)
- “The team… are really working very hard in exceptional circumstances at the moment and it really has been (excellent) business as usual.” Broker (Q2, 2020)
- “At these difficult times when correspondence with many insurers is delayed... Couldn’t have asked for better service” Broker (Q2, 2020)
- “Many thanks for your immediate attention to this matter – a fantastic service in these current crazy times!!” Broker (Q2, 2020)
- “Given that it took around 24 hours for first contact from the claims handler, this would have been pretty impressive in normal circumstances. Given where we are on Covid 19 this is better than that!” Policyholder (Q2, 2020)
- “I would like to say that the few claims I have dealt with via Home & Legacy have been handled perfectly. I would even say probably one of the best claim service I have witnessed in over 20 years in the industry. Keep up the good work.” Broker (Q1, 2020)
Thank you to all of our customers and partners. We look forward to seeing you again in person, when we can. Stay safe & well.
Established in 1995, Home & Legacy is one of the leading providers of high net worth insurance in the UK. We are best known for providing high net worth household, landlord and worldwide travel insurance.
Our experienced advisors are dedicated to providing a first-class service. And if it becomes necessary to make a claim, our in-house team handles this to the highest standards. youTalk-insurance is sharing Home & Legacy insurance news and video.
- 21 Apr 2022
- 31 Mar 2022
- 27 Sep 2021
- 8 Jul 2021
- 17 Jun 2021
- 17 May 2021
- 6 May 2021
- 29 Apr 2021
- 15 Apr 2021
- 29 Mar 2021