Obtaining a Green Card from Home & Legacy to drive vehicles abroad


Authored by Home & Legacy

The UK will leave the EU on 1st January 2021. As negotiations continue between Government and the EU there is still no clarity on whether there will be deal in place or how it might impact UK motorists wishing to take their vehicles to the EU.

We will continue to watch the situation as it develops, however, should the UK leave the EU on 1st January 2021 without a deal in place, we can reassure Home & Legacy motor policyholders that they will continue to benefit from the same policy cover, details of which you will find in Additional Cover 20 – Using your vehicle abroad. The only difference being that a Green Card would be required by policyholders to drive vehicles abroad.

Please note: Home & Legacy requires a minimum of 10 working days' notice to process Green Cards for motor policyholders. Green cards are issued free of charge.

To obtain a Green Card, please email motorservice@homeandlegacy.co.uk providing the following details:

  • Dates of intended travel: departure and return
  • The registration number, make and model of the vehicle being used abroad
  • The countries being travelled through
  • Policyholder's name and policy number
  • The full name(s) of any additional drivers named on the policy, who may also use the vehicle abroad

Alternatively, you can apply for a Green Card using our online form.


Latest video

Home & Legacy: Get ready for the Home & Legacy Document Portal change

Don’t forget, from January 2021, customer documentation will only be available via the Home & Legacy Online ‘Document Portal’.To find our more... click here for more