How to obtain a greencard to drive abroad from Home & Legacy


There is still no clarity on whether the UK will leave the EU on 31st October 2019 and whether or not there will be a deal in place.

Should the UK leave the EU on 31st October 2019 without a deal in place, we would like to reassure Home & Legacy motor policyholders that they still benefit from the same policy cover; Additional Cover 20 - Using your vehicle abroad. The only difference being that a Green Card would be required by policyholders to drive vehicles abroad.

Please note: Home & Legacy requires a minimum of 10 working days' notice to process Green Cards for motor policyholders. Green cards are issued free of charge.

To obtain a Green Card, please email providing the following details:

  • Dates of intended travel: departure and return
  • The registration number, make and model of the vehicle being used abroad
  • The countries being travelled through
  • Policyholder's name and policy number
  • The full name(s) of any additional drivers named on the policy, who may also use the vehicle abroad 

Alternatively, you can apply for a Green Card using our online form


Latest video

Home & Legacy reminder: Report and check household claims 24 hrs a day online

With many of us working unusual hours in lockdown, due to childcare and various other reasons, Home & Legacy Head of Claims, Andy Reid, reminds brokers about the... click here for more