Message from CEO Ian Parker about ERS employees working from home
Authored by ERS
Following government advice, I have asked all our London based employees to work from home until further notice and have accelerated our plans for our Swansea based operations team to begin work from home.
Whilst all our London based employees will be able to work from home with little impact on the day to day running of the business, moving our Swansea operations to home-working is likely to impact our service levels, particularly call waiting times and quote turn-around times.
If service levels are impacted, we will prioritise Claims support over New Business to ensure we maintain service levels for your existing policyholders. I’m sorry for any inconvenience this may cause you, please bear with us during this period.
You can help mitigate the impact by:
- Only calling ERS if a quote request, MTA or renewal is due within 24 hours
- Not chasing for updates if we’re within our response SLAs - this clogs the phone lines
- Only calling with a maximum of three policies to discuss at a single time – this helps us answer more calls
- Using our claims portal to notify us of claims and to track progress
- Quote and Buy through eTrade for your Commercial new business (register for eTrade)
- Passing this email to your team, so everyone is aware of the impact on our operations
Please note that any planned meetings, either at our Lombard Street office, Swansea office or at your office will now become conference calls or Skype calls. Your ERS contact will be in touch with further details.
Ian Parker Chief Executive ERS
ERS is the UK’s largest specialist motor only insurer underwritten by Lloyd’s and rated A+. For over 70 years, we have worked directly with brokers to provide bespoke cover for their customers’ specialist requirements.
For these customers’ their vehicle is often at the centre of their livelihood or passion, giving rise to different or specific needs that cannot be met with one-size-fits-all insurance. At ERS we recognise and embrace this difference; it is why we employ teams of underwriters who are experts in their field to understand each risk individually to provide the ideal cover and it is also why brokers have told us that they trust us more than any other insurer with a specialist motor risk.
- 26 May 2020
- 21 May 2020
- 18 May 2020
- 6 May 2020
- 23 Apr 2020
- 20 Apr 2020
- 14 Apr 2020
- 8 Apr 2020
- 6 Apr 2020
- 2 Apr 2020