How to manage the challenges and benefits of remote working?
Authored by Cardinus Risk Management Marketing Manager Stephen Smith
Learn from our experts on the challenges and benefits of remote working, and download our white paper.
The world we find ourselves in now vastly different to the one we left at the start of the pandemic. Organisations are working in new and different ways, with individuals and teams trialling innovative methods of communication and working practices to fill the void left by the office.
To address this change, businesses will need to challenge long-held beliefs and master new models of working.
The traditional business model gives managers a great degree of control. In the office, organisations haven’t needed to build trust, as a simple look over the shoulder can ensure managers have that viewpoint.
But now trust has to be centred in the relationship between employees and managers to ensure positive working relationships when working remotely.
In this paper, we set the scene for the world of remote work. Peter Kinselley and Pamela Gellately put together a comprehensive jigsaw that explains the benefits and challenges of the remote working model and situates it in a world shaped by the legacy of the pandemic.
For most organisations, this is the start of a big journey that the board, the managers and the employees will have to go on together. It’s exciting, terrifying and challenging, but it opens up the possibility for a better world of work.
The Remote Working White Paper
We all know that remote working is not a new concept. In fact, there are at least 18 different variants of the term, such as agile working or teleworking.
Across the globe, the language of remote working differs. So too does the cultural and legal context of remote work.
This white paper explores all these issues, giving you a better understanding of how to more effectively manage remote work across all your territories.
Written by Peter Kinselley at Cardinus and Pamela Gellatelly, CEO of Healthcare rm, this comprehensive white paper on remote work gives you everything you need to know about the subject, and offers ideas on how to improve your own programme.
Here’s what it covers:
- What is a Remote Worker?
- Legal Context
- Employers Duty of Care
- How Effective is the Health and Safety Regulations
- Advantages of Remote Working
- Mental Health
- Ergonomics and Musculoskeletal Disorders
- Remote Working and Sustainability
- Government Responses to COVID-19
- Home-Working – Perception and Reality
- Duty of Care Vs. Government Guidance
- Remote Working Beyond the Pandemic
- Conclusions and Recommendations
Recommendations for Implementing or Improving Remote Work
Remote work has both big positives for employees and employers, but also challenges for organisations too. Developing a new programme or improving your existing programme should be a priority to meet compliance and limit the downsides, whether that’s wellbeing, health or productivity.
Here’s our top 5 tips to improve remote work:
- Their duty of care to staff to ensure that any potential risks to health are risk assessed and managed appropriately
- Providing the opportunity to increase staff engagement and innovation
- Offer development opportunities
- Increasing corporate social engagement opportunity in our local communities
- Support sustainability programmes
To download the white paper CLICK HERE
Cardinus Risk Management is a leading health, safety and risk management specialist offering online and on-site solutions for brokers, insurers, and those responsible for health, safety and compliance in their business.
Specialising in safety and risk management, Cardinus offer complete solutions for insurance risk surveying and property risk management, display screen equipment compliance, safety training and consultancy, strategic and tactical security and all elements of fleet risk management.
Thousands of organisations across the globe use our services to reduce work-related discomfort, minimise accidents and injury, increase employee productivity and comply with legislation.
Here’s some of our key solutions that your clients can take advantage of:
- Insurance Risk Surveying Capabilities
- Reinstatement Cost Assessments for Commercial and Residential Properties
- Fire Risk, Health and Safety and Asbestos Assessments
- Risk Survey Management Software to Speed Up Scheduling and Management of Surveys
- Fleet Risk Auditing and Driver Safety Programmes
- Display Screen Equipment E-learning and Risk Assessment
- Health, Safety and Wellbeing E-learning
- Safety Risk Auditing and Consultancy
- Security Training and Support
If you would like to talk to someone at Cardinus Risk Management CLICK HERE, leave a message and youTalk-insurance will pass your enquiry on
- 21 Jun 2021
- 14 Jun 2021
- 10 Jun 2021
- 27 May 2021
- 17 May 2021
- 13 May 2021
- 26 Apr 2021
- 12 Apr 2021
- 7 Apr 2021
- 6 Apr 2021