Aviva announces changes to general insurance leadership team
An Aviva spokesperson said:
Today Colm Holmes, CEO Global General Insurance (GI), has announced changes to his UK GI leadership team with the aim of simplifying the way the GI business is managed. The changes follow the decision in June this year that Aviva’s life and general insurance businesses will be managed separately.
Colm’s leadership team includes:
- Phil Bayles takes on the role of Chief Distribution Officer, which includes brokers and strategic partners.
- Gareth Hemming will take on the role of MD of Personal Lines, subject to regulatory approval.
- Patrick Tiernan becomes MD of Commercial Lines, which brings together our Global Corporate and Specialty and SME businesses.
- Owen Morris takes on the role of Chief Underwriting and Data Officer, subject to regulatory approval.
- Blair Turnbull takes on the role of Chief Digital Officer.
- Andrew Morrish continues as our UK GI Claims Director.
Additionally, after more than 23 years at Aviva, Rob Townend, Managing Director of UK GI, has decided that now is the right time to leave the business. He will continue to work closely with Colm until the end of the year, taking a lead role in transitioning the business to the new structure.
Colm Holmes said:
“I would like to personally thank Rob Townend for the contribution he has made to Aviva over many years. His skill and experience have helped transform our general insurance business and his tireless campaigning on personal injury reform, to address the compensation culture, has even helped change the law in the UK. Rob and I will continue to work closely together over the next few months and I wish him all the best for the future.”
Aviva Insurance Limited is one of the UK’s leading insurance companies, part of the Aviva group with 34 million customers Worldwide. Aviva Insurance has been in the insurance business for more than 300 years. In UK commercial, the insurance market remains challenging for insurance brokers and customers, due to the ongoing economic conditions. Aviva Insurance are focusing on improving our processes to ensure Aviva provide commercial customers with insurance cover at an acceptable price. Insurance brokers also recognised our excellent customer service by voting us Insurance Times General Insurer of the Year in 2012, for the second year running. youTalk-insurance sharing Aviva insurance news and video.
- 14 Nov 2019
- 11 Nov 2019
- 7 Nov 2019
- 4 Nov 2019
- 31 Oct 2019
- 31 Oct 2019
- 28 Oct 2019
- 21 Oct 2019
- 17 Oct 2019
- 14 Oct 2019