Lark and Aston Scott are delighted to announce the completion of their merger on Monday 18th September after receiving FCA approval.
The merged business is pleased to announce the following senior appointments:
- Peter Blanc – Formerly CEO of Aston Scott will take on the role of Group CEO
- Stephen Lark – Formerly Managing Director of Lark will take on the role of Executive Chairman, with direct responsibility for the Employee Benefits Division, HR and Marketing
- Stuart Rootham – Formerly Managing Director of Aston Scott will become Group Managing Director, with responsibility for Commercial and Private Clients and in addition will lead the Group Compliance function
- Carl Brown- Formerly Director of Finance, IT and Facilities at Lark, will become Chief Financial Officer responsible for Group Accounts, Finance and Facilities
- Tim Holland – Previously CFO at Aston Scott will become Director of Mergers and Acquisitions, IT and will lead the internal integration project team
- Graham Lark – Formerly Chairman of Lark will cease to have any day to day involvement, but will become a Non-Executive Director of the group
These appointments will be implemented with immediate effect subject to approval of the necessary board and Approved Person appointments.
Following the initial merger announcement in June both businesses have been working hard to develop a new divisional structure that supports the continued ambition for organic growth and future acquisitions, whilst providing specific focus on niche and specialist areas. A clear, divisional structure will be implemented and details of the four key areas are as follows:
- Commercial Division – Led by Rob Keene and will include the regional branch network of 15 offices transacting commercial business. It will also include specialist functions such as, new business, commercial claims, risk management and SME.
- Commercial Schemes – Led by Lee Scott, this new division will focus on the continued growth and development of existing and new commercial schemes that across the group already generate in excess of 30 million GWP.
- Private Clients – Led by David Foster, the division will continue to focus on HNW business and will include specialist areas, Lark Music (musical instrument insurance), Click 4 Quote (Let property insurance) and Renovation Plan
- Employee Benefits – Led by Andrew Cousins, the division will continue to provide group scheme solutions such as Pensions, Life, Private Medical and Income Protection to SME and corporate employers
Peter Blanc, Group CEO commented:
“I am delighted to announce our appointments and new group structure. We are fully committed to creating a true merger of both businesses and implementation of this new structure is a great first step.
The vision of the board of the new integrated business is that we aim to become the UK’S most trusted Chartered Insurance Broker, delivering for our clients with passion, integrity and expertise”.